Early Years: Cambridge curriculum (Foundation)
At GICLM, the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child up to 5 years old. They will mostly be taught through games and play. When children take part in new experiences with others they learn self-confidence and how to be a team player, understand emotions and resolve conflicts. Children explore their ideas and become curious, which creates a love of learning.
Primary School: Cambridge curriculum (Grades 1-5)
Students follow a strong academic foundation through the Cambridge curriculum. There is a special emphasis on Maths, English and Science with enhanced creative opportunities through a specialist Lego lab, Performing Arts and Sport. We support the importance of language learning through offering Mandarin, French, German and Hindi. Assessment in the primary phase is about building up a picture, over time, of your child’s learning progress across the curriculum to gather evidence about how and what your child learns, encouraging a love of learning and helping children develop future skills.
Secondary School: Cambridge curriculum (Grades 6-10)
Students follow the Cambridge curriculum through to the international IGCSE examinations.There is an emphasis on a core set of subjects: Maths, English and the Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with choices in: Social Sciences (History, Geography, Economics), Art, Music, PE, Information Technology and Drama ensuring a broad range of academic experiences and the development of critical thinking and individual research. The Cambridge Checkpoint is taken to ensure tracking of student performance and progress alongside a Personal, Social, Health and Careers curriculum, Entrepreneurial and Lego Laboratory STEAM learning.
High School: The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (grades 11-12)
The pre-university programme for 16-19 year olds is the acclaimed Diploma programme. Designed for highly motivated students, it offers a genuine international curriculum with high-quality assessments. Universities recognize that IB students have advanced skills and knowledge and so they gain access to the very best institutions worldwide. The Diploma consists of six subject groups. Three of these must be followed at Higher Level (HL) and the rest at Standard Level (SL). Students follow a common core of Theory of Knowledge (TOK), write an Extended Essay of 4,000 words related to their academic interests and participate in Creativity, Action and Service (CAS), making a difference to the communities in which we live.
- Modern classrooms equipped with HD interactive learning, all Wi-Fi enabled.
- Specialist floor for pre-university IB students, including offices for University Guidance Counsellors.
- State of the art laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computing, imported from Germany.
- Inspiring and extensive Learning Centre: a modern library.
- Specialist Visual Art and Design Studios, with a focus on technological innovation.
- Lego Education Innovation Studio: for the engineers, designers and scientists of tomorrow. This is the first Lego Lab to be set up in a school in India.
- Specialist Green Room: for media, technology and entrepreneurial studies. Large underground Multi-function Hall for Sports, Theatre, Concerts and Conferences.
- Specialist Gymnastics and Fitness Centres.
- Rooftop Swimming Pool: half Olympic size.
- Outside includes a special play area for younger students and a climbing wall.
- Welcome area for parents and visitors, to include café, consultation and meeting rooms.
GICM offers classes from grades Early Years to Grade 12. For any further information on the school, curriculum, activties and admission procedure, please visit us on Garodia International Centre for Learning Mumbai.